Monday, May 14, 2007

Politics Rocks Statement To Rep. Kris Krawford: "I Don't Believe A Word You're Saying"

If you are unfamiliar with what took place last week, to follow the storyline in the right order, read this first (Sen. Leatherman vs. Kris Krawford), then read this second (Krawford's response), before reading this current blog.
"Yea ........ Right......"

The panicky statement issued by Rep. Kris Crawford last Wednesday proved why the freshman Representative of Florence cannot be trusted. Of all the people who hang around the SC Statehouse, there is no possible way any of them could have read his press release with a straight face. It would have been too hard for at least one of them to not hysterically bust out with laughter falling to the floor. You know, the kind of hard laughter that makes the side of your stomach start to hurt when someone makes an outrageous and hilarious statement!

It was fortunate reading Rep. Crawford proclaim his heavy support for Sen. Leatherman. But a week from now, behind the scenes, will Rep. Crawford call Mr. Leatherman Senator Pork? or Dirty Dealer Leatherman? No one is buying what Kris Crawford is selling. We confirmed this from the very beginning of his statement when he said that "he has no intentions of opposing Leatherman in a future race for the S.C. Senate." My gosh, if you are not going to run against Leatherman then just come out and say "I am 100% sure I will not run against Sen. Leatherman." In my opinion, his statement was an attempt to give himself the opportunity to "flip-flop." He better be careful though. Voters love strength and hate wishy-washy politicians, especially SC Republican voters.

I had my suspicions about this man from the start, and now they have been confirmed. From now on, every time I see him speak on TV, or read any of Rep. Crawford's quotes in the paper, I'm sure there will be one thing that will keep running through my head, "I don't believe a word you're saying. I don't believe a word you're saying. I don't believe ..."

No comments: