Friday, August 11, 2006

Anyone Ever Watched This Movie Before? By The Way, What Was T-Rav Thinking When He Said ..........

“CORRIDOR OF SHAME: the neglect of South Carolina's rural schools" is a 58 minute documentary that tells the story of the challenges faced in funding an adequate education in South Carolina's rural school districts.The documentary, supported by many of South Carolina's leading foundations and community leaders, tracks the evidence presented on behalf of eight school districts in Abbeville County School District v. The State of South Carolina.

I have never seen this movie before so if there is anyone out there who has, please tell me about it. I did see something very interesting though. When viewing the credits, I came across a name that I think after keeping up with SC politics over the past week, we would all recognize - Executive Producer, John S. Rainey

Mr. Rainey is in the August 2006 edition, Living in SC Magazine . It really seems to me that John Rainey truly cares about this State, and in his words, doesn't want to see a "Dilettante" mess it up.

I have not written anything in regards to Thomas Ravenel simply due to not knowing enough about him yet. I can say, even though I don't know much about T-Rav, and even though I don't know much at all about John Rainey (I have no clue whether he inherited a dime or a billion dollars) I would like to point out this T-Rav's statement in yesterday's press release - "Mr. Rainey, I am offering you some unsolicited advice, from someone who actually worked to earn success in business, rather than inheriting a fortune as you did."

Oh no ...... no, he really didn't just say that did he?! Is this really acceptable? I tell you what, I'm not going to go any further with this. I just got off the phone with Mr. Rainey about 30 minutes ago. Right now it's 9:10 in the pm, I don't feel like screaming, yelling, or ranting tonight. I'm going to go out with some friends in a little while, have a good time, and I'm going to cross my fingers that Mr. Rainey accepts my invitation to do an audio interview with me at somepoint in the very near future.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummmm, did all of the comments on this blog article just get REMOVED? Strange...

Anonymous said...

u r a coward

Anonymous said...

oh, I just looked. 24 yrs old. Sweet. Ignorant bliss.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so now that you are leaving the posts up let's try again:

How is it that you know so much about Mr. Ravenel's personal financial success? Or, for that matter, that of Mr. Rainey's? Do you have access to personal bank statements since college? Are you privy to records of family inheritances and properties? I'm thinking that you need to shut your piehole before you do your research.

____________ said...

ABC,
What comments were you talking about? I wrote and published this post around 9ish last night and gave it a Friday heading.
Its now 8:20 Friday morning, and this is the first time I have been on a computer since I posted this last night.

Anonymous said...

How is Reese a coward? Wow, looks like you better have some secret service follow you around this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Let's face it, Ravenel would be a puppet for Sanford if he is re-elected and would be a deciding vote for everything.

Anonymous said...

abc.... I know you are but what am I?

abc.... sticks and stone may break my bones but words will never hurt me!

abc..... grow up peter pan, count chocula!

Anonymous said...

ABC,
Young Mr. Reese said "I can say, even though I don't know much about T-Rav, and even though I don't know much at all about John Rainey (I have no clue whether he inherited a dime or a billion dollars) I would like to point out this T-Rav's statement..."

At what point in that sentence did he pretend to know anything about Mr. Rainey's success? He said that he has no clue about Rainey's background on whether he really inherited money, any money, or a lot of money.

tammy said...

that open letter reminded me of high school. Economics for dummies? How embarassing.

But thanks to that link. While sad and embarassing as usual, good stuff to know. Already got my order form filled out.

:-) t

The Cackalacky Candidate said...

Let's try a little word swap.

FROM:
"Mr. Rainey, I am offering you some unsolicited advice, from someone who actually worked to earn success in business, rather than inheriting a fortune as you did: Before you take to name-calling me again in French (“Dilettante”) – you might want to read the attached book I just bought for you.

It’s called Economics for Dummies.

Sincerely,

Thomas Ravenel"


TO:
"Governor Sanford, I am offering you some unsolicited advice, from someone who actually worked to earn success in business, rather than inheriting a fortune as you did: Before you take to blaming your Republican colleagues who control the General Assembly – you might want to read the attached book I just bought for you.

It’s called How to Win Friends and Influence People.

Sincerely,

Tommy Moore"


And to think that all this time, people griped that those analogy questions on standardized tests were just a big waste.

Anonymous said...

Anon,
Perhaps you can clear up some confusion for us then:

"'Mr. Rainey, I am offering you some unsolicited advice, from someone who actually worked to earn success in business, rather than inheriting a fortune as you did.' Oh no ...... no, he really didn't just say that did he?! Is this really acceptable?

Anon, what exactly was "Young Mr. Reese" attempting to blab here? The insinuation that Mr. Ravenel did not work to earn his fortune is very clear. Otherwise, his rantings have no meaning whatsoever! Is THIS really acceptable?

Anonymous said...

Ravenel inherited a fortune and inherited a golden last name....case closed.

Anonymous said...

Anon,

Not a case for you to CLOSE, darling. Ravenel did NOT inherit a fortune. He is a totally self-made man. He got his start in Atlanta, GA. People did not know how to PRONOUNCE his last name there.

FACTS, I know they get in the way of a good story, but you might want to look into them.

Anonymous said...

I think everyone who read that press release of his statement to John Rainey are still laughing at T-Rav!!!

Anonymous said...

Rav's laughing the loudest.... all the way to the Voters' Booth!