Monday, August 28, 2006

Rod Shealy ..... You Should Have Used Your Bullpen

Thoughts On The Rainey vs. Ravenel Match

As I painfully watched the bloodbath between Thomas Ravenel and John Rainey this past Thursday, I couldn't help but feel bad for T-Rav. After the first 30 minutes I wanted to call Rod Shealy and say "Rod, make the call dude, Ravenel's out of gas, get a righty and a lefty warming up in the bullpen right now." Rod Shealy, Thomas Ravenel's Political Strategist, he was the one who got Ravenel into this mess and he should have had got him out of it! By the way, why was Rod Shealy not in attendance at this Q & A?

I felt like I was watching a game where the manager didn't want to sacrifice any more pitchers, so he's left this poor guy out there to get creamed. Honestly, after the first 30 minutes, it got very uncomfortable to watch. I'm not even a Republican, but I was begging the skipper Rod Shealy to pull him! Make the call to the bullpen Rod, bring in the lefty, bring in the righty, anybody, but get this guy off the mound. Please, someone call the bullpen!

As I was watching and listening to this, I was thinking "Does someone not have the smarts to pull him already?" For every minute that went by, it became a little more uncomfortable to watch than the one before. If you disagree with me and you thought that Ravenel was holding is own for the first half of the meeting, then surely we will agree that we all knew he was out of gas about halfway through it. This was when Ravenel stated "I read the other day that our founding father George Washington, had more in common with people who lived 2000 years before him than he does with us." I'm sorry, but if this guy was a pitcher, people would be yelling at the manager to get him off the mound. My gosh, why is this guy even in this race? I hope that T-Rav learned a lot from this Economics 900 level class that he attended last Thursday. Will the Republican Party please get a better candidate next time for this race? Somebody, please call the bullpen!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ravenel had said some things about not ever reading Act 153 or something like that, and also said he hadn't read the new law since it had been changed a year ago (something along those lines). Yea ABC.....he sounded really prepared didn't he?

Anonymous said...

Ravenel looked horrible at some parts of it but he actually did a better job than what I thought he was going to do. Rainey still made him look silly at times though.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Having watched the debate I do not know where Will Folks and others come off thinking Ravenel did well. Did Rainey come off as being full of himself? Yes. But does that make Ravenel look any better. I think Ravenel came off looking like a jackass and his grasp of the issues at hand were not enlightening.

He needs a lesson in humility especially when he is not correct.

Anonymous said...

Again, I point out, the only person truly qualified to judge this WWF, AA minor league, smackdown is Mike Campbell.

Anonymous said...

I think the whole episode revealed the extent to which Thomas Ravenel is a dilettante. It was amateur hour in the Wade Hampton Building, and it was very revealing of T-Rav's utter lack of qualifications. The guy is a smart politician, but this was just a bad move. Ravenel and Shealy may have let their sense of entitlement get out of hand in this situation, but at least it was before the entire state.

Anonymous said...

Michael,

As you may know I'm in New Orleans and so I haven't really kept up with state politics, but I must remind everyone from the primary season, that's just how T-Rav rolls.

-Blake Wilbanks

____________ said...

Blake,
It's great to hear from you. Hope everything is going well for you in New Orleans, let me know if you make it up to a Clemson game.

When T-Rav stood up and said that the 20th century was the greatest economic century of mankind it made me think.....this guy doesn't roll, he overrolls!

Anonymous said...

Michael Reese = a complete dumbass

____________ said...

Dear Anonymous,
I have faith in you that in the near future you will be able to comment in an intelligent and articulate manner to my blog. I look forward to a mature debate in the future!