Sunday, April 02, 2006

Which one would you vote for? Which years did you like better? The 1996-02 years when the boy bands ruled, or the 02-06 years when Mark Sanford ruled?



Top Left- Nick Lachey (98 Degrees) Top Right- Kevin Richardson (Backstreet Boys)
Bottom Left- Mark Sanford (SC Governor) Bottom Right- Justin Timberlake (N'Sync)

I was listening to my satellite radio today on my way back into town from Atlanta, a N'Sync song came on and I slowly remembered how awful those 7-8 years were when N'Sync, Backstreet Boys, and 98 Degrees basicly ruled everything and ruled everybody. It was just so bad. When they all came out and hit it big around 1996 or so, Rock music died for about 7 years there.
I got to thinking about how bad things have been in SC for the last 3 1/2 years and how things have been dead under Gov. Mark Sanford. We as voters of this great state have an opportunity come Nov., to not let this drag on 7-8 years and continue to kill SC like the Boy Bands killed rock music.
What did we Learn Today:
1. The guy who cuts hair at the Mill Hill Village Salon in Columbia, SC told me that Mark Sanford has good hair.......but he is no Backstreet Boy!
2. I think if these 4 guys above were the only ones running for governor, I wouldn't know who to pick, Who would you vote for?
3. 4 years ago when we elected Mark Sanford, this was his resume.
---------- Mark Sanford was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 1994. Prior to that, Mark had no political experience. Mark was #1 in the 1995 and 1997 Citizens Against Government Waste's ranking of Congressmen according to their votes to cut spending. He also received top honors from the Concord Coalition -- a deficit watch group which listed him on their honor roll. In 1996, the National Taxpayers Union Foundation listed him as the 7th most frugal spender (out of all 435 members of Congress) regarding how he voted to disburse hard-earned taxpayer dollars in Washington. For the past decade, prior to his service in Congress, Mark worked in real estate finance and investment in New York City and Charleston, SC. Mark graduated from high school there in Beaufort, went on to Furman University, and then received an MBA from the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia.

12 comments:

____________ said...

haha.....hhmmmmmm B Hey, PP, answer my question, out of those 4, which one would you vote for? I'm glad you mentioned doughnuts, I actually haven't had one in about 6 months, I need to end the drought

Anonymous said...

Will someone please tell Palmetto Pirate that he's not cool.

____________ said...

Jeff,
Good point made however.....isn't Nick and Jessica getting a divorce? I know shes a big job but sounds like he couldn't handle the big job. I dunno, might be a tougher job being her husband rather than being Gov. of SC ya know?

Anonymous said...

I didnt really read the blog but I just wanted to say that Nick Lachay is an idiot. He was the luckiest man on earth (other then Ryan Phillipe) and he blew it. Now Jessica is sleeping over at my house.

Anonymous said...

Jeff...... when you lose your virginity let us know buddy. HIT AND RUN? Grow up.

____________ said...

Riley,
Even though Jeff is one of my good friends, I have to totally agree with you on this one. Jeff, what are you thinking man. I have not seen the Miss Kentucky that he is dating.

Anonymous said...

I will say this, looking back over Sanford's resume or past, it should have been no surprise to us that he would try and cut the budget like he has done. Makes you wonder why he thinks the way he does. Which professor up at UV MBA school did the whackjob on him?

Chief RZ said...

I campaigned for and walked in the parade in Irmo behind he and his children. He is a real honest person and is looking out for the hard working citizens of this state. He tells the truth no matter how painful and does not discourse in "politic-gese"!

Anonymous said...

Chief really brought the Sanford debate into perspective. Thanks for your service to our great country.

Chief, have you run into Sanford on his "Air Force Reserve" duty? He was sincere when he signed up in an election year and got a special exemption from the Pentagon for the fact that he was not qualified to join?

Just wondering.

Chief, thanks for your genuine service.

____________ said...

Great points from everyone.
Chief,
Sanford has a true mean streak in him that hardly anyone knows about, that will be for another time and another blog. And yes, his Air Force Reserve Duty was such a joke. My dad tried to actually hold his feet to the fire the other year and propose legislation to kinda force him to serve but it never held up. Would have been funny though and would have taught Sanford a lesson

____________ said...

Dear PP,
You should have put the KA rush thing in the options box,that one and A were the funniest. I actually never did rush though when I was at clemson. I think I would agree with you 100% on Nick and Justin. By the way, when I went on google to find a picture of Justin, no lie, the first several pages were pictures of him wearing a bandana or something. Talk about a 180 from the way he was 6 years ago.

Anonymous said...

Chief, Sanfraud is looking out for whom? Not the hard-working citizens of SC. Perhaps the wealthy citizens of SC and the wealthy citizens of every other state (you know, the ones who give him nearly half of his campaign contributions).