Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The South Carolina Mickey Mouse Club Adds Another Member


Latest Richard Eckstrom Strategy - Blame The Media

As posted back in June, we saw where the SC Mickey Mouse Club lost a member when Mike Campbell was defeated by Andre Bauer in the Republican run-off. The man to take his place should be of no surprise to anyone who follows politics.The new guy above, Richard Eckstrom, really doesn't have too many friends, so I don't anticipate anyone to come to his rescue on this piece anyways. But the latest news in the South Carolina Comptroller General's race, incumbent Richard Eckstrom said that Republican candidates have to abide by a higher standard by the media than Democrats. He went on to say that he will continue to be a puppet and vote in line with Mark Sanford on virtually everything.

I often wind up having the urge to tell people that I'm not kidding when I report the absurd tactics and absurd beliefs from some of the right these days, but taking his little Minnesota trip in a state owned vehicle and his failure to be honest with the voters is the media's fault? It's hard to imagine that anyone from the libertarian right could sink that low, but in this case, we don't have to imagine it. Just as we see the blame game taking place up in Washington amongst Republicans, here in South Carolina we have Richard Eckstrom saying that he was a victim of a liberal bias. I know, don't laugh too hard, try and stay calm.

The debate between Theodore and Eckstrom ended pretty strong with Theodore getting the last word in stating “It’s also a lie about my family. He hired a fellow who was arrested and charged with domestic violence to do nothing but attack my family.” Theodore was referring to former spokesman for Gov. Sanford, Will Folks. If you like these tactics that some of the candidates from the right are using against Theodore, keep supporting some of these Republicans and their hatchet men. Now, at least you know what you signed up for.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't see where Will Folks has done anything to attack Theodore's family.

I know another blog has discussed the issue of his dad using state travel all the time, and suggesting he is a hypocrite, but that's about all I'm aware of.

But if you have an example, please feel free to correct me on this.

Anonymous said...

Mike,

I like your photoshop art. Made me giggle, something I needed today!
But, I'm thinking that the Mickey Ears truely belong on Theodore. I mean, come on!!! Did you actually WATCH that debate? OUCH! I kinda feel sorry for the guy.

Anonymous said...

ABC,
I would agree that Theodore didn't do well, but neither did Richard "Yes Sanford" Eckstrom." I'm still mad at SCETV not letting Cheryl Footman sing. That moderator guy ruined her whole plan. It's a conspiracy! ha

The Cackalacky Candidate said...

Michael,

You left out one member of the Mickey Mouse Club:

George Mitchell
Leadership Council member of The Club for Growth (whose name is listed right on top of Howard Rich)

http://www.clubforgrowth.org/staff.php

.....and.....

Chairman of the Board of the Walt Disney Corporation.

http://corporate.disney.go.com/corporate/bios/
george_mitchell.html

George Mitchell
Walt Disney Corp.
ABC News
2020
John Stossel
"Stupid in America"
Mark Sanford
Howard Rich
Club for Growth
George Mitchell
...lather...
...rinse...
...repeat...

Anonymous said...

Mike,

With all due respect, do you really think that Drew has the ABILITY to "do well"?