Friday, February 24, 2006

I have a question for Dick Cheney, what are our soldiers gonna do when Civil War breaks out in Iraq?


VP-- Dick Cheney, and Biff Henderson- Stage Mgr. on David Letterman Show

What's the plan for protecting our troops when a civil war breaks out in Iraq? Does anybody have any confidence that this administration has planned for this contingency? I sures heck dont, and I doubt very much that you do either. I can hear Bush now, "No one could have anticipated a civil war in Iraq." Like all the people who didn't anticipate the levees being breached in New Orleans, or an al-Qaeda attack inside the United States or an Iraqi insurgency in the first place. These guys don't plan for anything except for what issue they can use next to spin against the Democrats. And now that the Iraqi civil war has snuck up on them, even though many of us have been warning them for quite sometime now... they will be caught just like Bill Clinton was, with their pants down yet again. And just like all the other disasters they didn't plan for, they won't get hurt - someone else will, and this time it will be our troops.
In a gathering of the top war planners and intelligence officials in South Carolina before the Iraq war started, there was a
slide presentation from the Pentagon. It explained the different stages of the war. The last stage was post-war occupation. It had only one slide; it read, "To Be Provided." Do you really believe these guys have prepared for the Iraqi civil war any better? God help our men and women over there, because surely this administration won't.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am saddened to inform you I will no longer be able to read your daily anti Bush and Reublican posts. You do occasionaly have some good sports blogs and occasional very good political bolgs that give some credit to republicans. You have strayed to far it appears. I am afraid that now I am only annoyed. I am sure you have a certain audience that appreciates your utter dislike for the Bush Administration. I really do not like Bush and am fairly liberal on most issues. Criticisim is ok, constant criticisim is annoying. Take this advice as you wish. No need to respond I will not see it.

____________ said...

and Concerned goes back to funneling the kool-aid once again.

I guess Concerned feels okay about it if we dont have a plan in place if civil war breaks out I guess. That is cool, he/she is probably cool with having a foreign country run 6 of our U.S. ports as well I guess.

I hate to do it now, but I might as well......Concerned, you will NEVER win the Common Sense Politics award on here and I mean NEVER! Please, go home, lay down, drink some kool-aid, watch Fox news, and keep pretending that everything is ok.

Anonymous said...

I am almost positive they were not attacking this particular post young man. They actualy praised you but thought your overall presentation (past and present)is to extreme and annoying. They are not attacking your argument but rather your style. You obviously failed reading comprhension.

____________ said...

"You have strayed to far it appears"

Maybe that isnt an attack! It could have been worse, Concerned could have called me a Left Wing Looney, or a Ted Kennedy wannabe, haha or something like that. If Concerned was really so Concerned, then he wouldnt look at my blogs as just annoying, but rather as humorous but serious, and a person who loves his country and thinks and knows that America should be doing better than what we are doing today!

____________ said...

This is seriously concerning me. I am afraid and concerned for our troops bigtime. Do you realize how bad its gonna be for our troops to be over there if a civil war starts? And what does Concerned wanna talk about??? How FAR i've strayed away too? Let me say that again, pretty soon there will be a Civil War in Iraq, thats not good at all, it puts our soldiers at a huge risk, and Concerned wants to talk about and say to me that "I've strayed to far it appears." Maybe you dont care about our soldiers and our Country, but I do. This is a serious deal, a very serious deal, so start acting like that it is, rather than acting like that it isnt. Grow up Peter Pan

The Cackalacky Candidate said...

Perhaps the issue is not that there was no plan for pulling out US troops. Perhaps the real issue is that there was no intention to completely pull out US troops.

Check your history book and count the number of times that the US military has completely withdrawn from any country subsequent to establishing a military presence. They are few.

Look around the world at all the places were the US has military bases. How long has the US military been in Korea, Japan, Europe, etc.? Once there, we tend to stay for decades.

This is not a criticism either way about the war in IraQ or the reasons for it. The real reasons may never come out. But,if past history is any indication of future performance, then the United States military will be in Iraq for decades and certainly in the Middle East.

____________ said...

Nice input, and I'm thinking as well that we will probably be in there for decades to come. You know, people dont want to realize this, but I honest to God hope that I'm wrong. I hope that Bush is right, I hope that what we are doing is the right thing and we are going about them in the right way. I seriously do hope that I am dead 100% wrong and 0% right on my thinking. But I just do not see it. Comment more often