Monday, September 18, 2006

The Remaining Mark Sanford Fans - Tribute To Sen. Jake Knotts

I was wondering why any voter would still back this loser Governor Mark Sanford. I have come across a few lines from some friends and people I have run into that summed it all up for me.
1. "He fights with the Legislature because he's fighting for my tax dollars."
2. "I believe that his philoshophy could work if the Legislature would just work with him."
3. "I don't care how he governs, I will support him. I'm a Republican through and through."

That just might be my favorite quote of all time. "I don't care how he governs." There it is. "I'm a Republican through and through." You said it! I understand every party has a couple of bad apples and all, but how anyone can still remain a Mark Sanford supporter is beyond me! I have gained a lot of respect for the Democrats and Republicans who have stepped up and said "No Mr. Governor, you're wrong, we need a new leader to take us in a new direction." Thankgosh Oscar Lovelace and Sen. Jake Knotts stood up for our State! I'm not saying to the Sanford supporters today that I want you all to turn into a Democrats. If (D)Dennis Aughtry would have won the nomination for the Governor's race representing the Democrats, I wouldn't want you to ask me to become a Republican.

One Republican who stood up and put his state above his party was Sen. Jake Knotts. I interviewed Sen. Knotts back in July after he collected his 13,000 petition signatures and decided not to run for Governor. Here are some highlights from the interview that every voter in SC should hear.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I disagree that Knotts put his state before his party. I would say he put his personal vendetta before his party.

Anonymous said...

Sanfords lucky Jake decided not to run.

Anonymous said...

Jake Knotts is a good man and true statesman. South Carolina needs more like him.

Anonymous said...

Jake Knotts is a self promoting moron. Anyone that believes his "election" bid was more than a stunt to make Jakey look good is as big a fool as Mr. Reese.

Jake Knotts is out for himself.

Anonymous said...

Girls going wild, can you provide a link please?

Anonymous said...

I agree that Jake Knotts is a self-promting moron. He supported Jim Hodges in 02, that says a lot to me.

Anonymous said...

Mikey,
That interview that you posted seemed more like an endorsement for him to try to put his name on the ballot again? Come on Mikey boy. If he puts his name on the ballot your darling Tommy Moore WILL loose.

I thought the interview sucked but the background music sounded cool. Thought I'd try to find common ground with you somewhere at least.

Anonymous said...

Reese, you must be this slickstersc guys role model. The heading for his myspace profile before he privatized it said "Politics Rocks (Republican Style"

http://www.myspace.com/slickstersc1

And let's not all forget what it said on the Who I'd like to meet section of his profile. He said "Ronald Reagan (I know I missed him, but I'll see him in heaven; B/C all Republicans go to heaven!)"