Friday, September 08, 2006

Whichever Way You Look At It ....... They're All Sidekicks! Including Richard Eckstrom


Tattoo(Fantasy Island)-----------SC Comptroller General Richard Eckstrom

Martial Arts Sidekick-----------------Robin (From Old School Batman Series)

Being Batman's sidekick is definitely cool. Being Mr. Roarke's sidekick like Tattoo in Fantasy Island was kind of cool as well, but being Mark Sanford's sidekick is just plain ignorant and dumb. Why be a "sidekick" to someone who is a total negative? When I say negative I mean against government! Mark Sanford's six years in Congress were a disgrace! He voted "no" on everything! If you look a little closer into Sanford's Congressional record, thanks to him it took a lot longer to get the Ravenel bridge built in Charleston, SC. If he wouldn't have been against everything and would have taken the money that Fritz Hollings lined up for South Carolina for the Ravenel Bridge, that bridge today would probably be called the Mark Sanford bridge. Nice job blowing that one Mark.

Let me back up a bit first and do a fill in for the ones who are not following me. The person who holds the Comptroller General position sits on the Budget & Control Board (and the Governor sits on this as well). This is a very important position because the 5 people on this board run the state when our Legislators are not in Columbia. These 5 people are the decision makers. Basically what I'm saying is this........we shouldn't let someone have a little sidekick on this board, especially when 95% of the other elected officials disagree with Mark Sanford because of his anti-government beliefs. Over the past 3 1/2 years, Richard Eckstrom has voted 97% of the time with Governor Mark Sanford. 97%!!!! That's insane!!

Mark Sanford doesn’t believe in government structure, so I think it is safe to say Richard Eckstrom doesn't as well. Mark Sanford doesn't believe in allowing everyone to have a fair chance. I think it's safe to say Richard Eckstrom believes the same. Sanford votes "no" on everything and he gets his little sidekick Richard Eckstrom to vote "no" with him because he tries to stop every productive piece that the B and C board tries to pass. I'm not going to get into Thomas Ravenel today, but the SC Treasurer position sits on this board as well, heaven forbid if T-Rav gets elected along with Eckstrom, that will give Sanford 2 little sidekicks.

This isn't my formal endorsement, that will come at a later date, but vote Drew Theodore for SC Comptroller General. Drew won’t be a puppet for the Governor. He won't vote in line with a loser Governor that is against everything!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

mikie, I really must say you are a total ouooet if Ive ever heard of one. Dude, your a puppet for almost anything liberal. Please do tell, what gives you the right to call anyone else a puppet when you yourself are a tried and true pupptet? I simply dont understand.

____________ said...

Nice comment, great points made - you didn't defend Eckstrom one bit, are you implying that I'm correct on this?

Anonymous said...

you are a tool

Anonymous said...

Keep it up Reese, you're getting to them!

Anonymous said...

Just like the national media, the SC media has made colossal failures as well. It is the job of the press to get information to the public and they have failed miserably. South Carolina voters out there don't have a clue about any of these people or the truth. Until they do, Democrats won't win in November.

____________ said...

I still feel like I'm a little deaf from attending the nickelback/hoobastank concert in greenville the other night, but I can still hear the far far delusional right cry like little babies. I'm sorry that you can't take it that a Democrat is finally sticking up to you guys. If you completely hate what I write, then have some self-control and don't go to my website.

Anonymous said...

would you congratulate a fly for being annoying? Same thing!

Anonymous said...

OK MIKIE,
I COULD REALLY CARE LESS ABOUT ECKSTROM, HE'S GOT HIS RACE WON BY JUST BEING ON THE BALLOT, NOT AT ALL WORRIED ALTHOUGH I MUST SAY I WISH HE WASN'T IN OFFICE AND THAT DEB SOFIELD HAD WON HER PRIMARY RACE AGAINST HIM A NUMBER OF YAERS AGO, BUT THATS OK, AND NEITHER HERE NOR THERE. BUT SERIOUSLY MIKIE, DO THINK I WOULD IMPLY THAT YOU OF ALL PEOPLE ARE RIGHT ABOUT ANYTHING. BELIEVE ME, IF YOU SAID SOMETHING THAT WAS ACTUALLY RIGHT I WOULD NOT IMPLY IT TO YOU I WOULD DEFFINETLY TELL YOU STRAIGHT UP, WITH A ROUND OF APPLAUSE AND A STANIG O. BUT I SINCERELY DOUBT THAT HAPPENING. AND TO ANSWER YOUR OTHER QUESTION OF WHY I READ YOUR BLOG, TO BE QUITE HONEST IM NEW TO THE BLOGER WORLD AND FOUND IT IN A LINK AND AS A DEVOUT AND VERY ACTIVE REPUBLICAN HAVE DECIDED TO FREQUENT YOUR SITE TO KEEP UP WITH WHAT YOU LIBS ARE LYING AND SPINNING ABOUT. I FIND YOUR SITE FUNNY AT TIMES AND CHILDISH , BUT IM NOT TO MUCH YOUNGER THAN YOU SO I CAN STILL APPRECIATE YOUR HUMOR EVEN IF IT IS DIRECTED ATA CANDIDATE I SUPPORT. IM A GOOD SPORT AND I THINK YOU ARE TO, I JUST HAPPEN TO DISAGREE WITH YOU COMPLETELY ON JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING YOU POST.

THANKS BEING A TRIED & TRUE PUPPET,

SLICKSTERSC

____________ said...

I thank you for your dedication and loyalty to my blog, thank you for checking it out on a daily basis

Anonymous said...

Well, If I want to keep up on what's happening in the "Liberal Minds of SC" I guess there would be no better place to check out than your blog.

Anonymous said...

In point of fact there is a difference in being a puppet and seeing nearly eye to eye ideologically. The Comptroller and the Governor are political allies, that's no secret, but there is a reason: they both believe in smaller government, and giving back to the tax payer. Eckstrom's unfortunate stumble over the car issue aside, he has been good for our state. Is he a "sidekick" just because he agrees with the governor? If, by some chance of fate, Eckstrom was in the higher position would the governor then be his "sidekick"? By relegating him to the "sidekick" position you are trying to belittle him for political expediency, but that's it. In truth, the Comptroller and the governor simply agree on things.